CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Melt Down (Melting plastic is a most foul smell)

Last night while getting ready for church Dan decided to turn our gas stove on to warm up the house. We always love starting it up, it looks like a real wood burning stove, but is run on gas. Soon it was warm and cozy, but all of the sudden the smell overcame us all. "What is that awful smell? Something is burning" . At first we couldn't figure it out, then after careful examination we noticed a small pile of melted plastic and followed it to the top of the stove and there we saw it, through the cracks, the chared remains of what used to be a toy helicopter. Good thing we were leaving for church so the house could air out while we were gone. We came back home to a normal smelling house.

Note: This is not the first time something like this has happened to us. Last time Adam put one of Dan's walkie-talkies in our camper oven. I didn't know this until after I had preheated the oven to 400 degrees. I quickly learned to always check the oven before preheating. Now we must remember to check the stove.

2 comments:

Amie said...

hahahahaha...okay it probably wasn't funny at the time I know. I am amazed to say that we have yet to burn a platic toy...knock on wood.

Melissa said...

What out AMM it's coming! :)