CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Kids are wonderful.....

These past two weeks have been so busy with the holidays and all, company coming and going. We haven't had time to just sit and watch the kids play with their new Christmas toys. So during the past few days we have tried to slow down as a family and just enjoy each other, and I have been noticing just how wonderful kids really are. I mean I know kids are awesome, but just sitting and watching them gives you a sweet perspective of them. And not just my own kids either. Kids have such pure hearts and minds. They are so honest and matter of fact. Just this morning I put a dress on for church but wasn't sure if I was going to wear it or not, it was wrinkled and I didn't have much time for ironing, but before I changed I woke the kids up for breakfast and Sarah said, "Mom, did you get that dress for Christmas?" My response was "No honey this is one of my old ones" "It is a beautiful dress" she then said. So of course I wore that dress to church this morning. Her response made me look at the situation differently. I was worried about how wrinkled it was and started thinking about how if I didn't wear the dress I didn't know what I was going to wear. She just added a child like purity on the matter and solved it for me right then and there. It made me feel good. Also these past few days Adam has been sharing and thinking about others without even being asked to, and Jack has been going around the house saying "I love you, I love you" to all of us. It is so awesome to witness them maturing before our eyes. Don't get me wrong though they still have their moments where they transform into little stinkers, but they still have beautiful little minds through it all :D.

0 comments: