CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Dilation?

Not exactly. Today was another weekly prenatal exam and I had the mid-wife do another exam to see if I had changed any from last week. Last week I was closed tight, but had some softening of my cervix. Today, well today was confusing. She said "Well, you do feel different...but...I am gonna say a one." So in my mind there isn't much change. I mean she couldn't even say "one" without hesitation. So I sit here with a lousy "one". At least I am not due until the end of the month so I still have time to dilate. I won't hold my breath until then. She is still measuring small and no weight gain again. I am excited to hopefully be having a small baby this time. The mid-wife also said she thinks this one is facing up which means back labor for me unless she turns around. So hopefully she turns around and comes on or before her due date weighing no more than 8 lbs. I might be dreaming!! :D

3 comments:

Amie said...

Try spinningbabies.com for the posterior thing. Besides back labor, it can also cause a longer and more difficult labor which I know you don't want (even with the epidural)

I forgot you had an appt today or I would of called to see what was happening!

Melissa said...

Thanks Amie! I am gonna check it out! :D

Choppzs said...

I am never worried about weight, just about labor time period!! Olivia was only 6 13 and Zachary was 7 12 but Olivia was 12 hrs. of labor and Zachary was 19!! I sure hope this one doesn't go any further or I think I will shoot myself!! lol I would say a 1 is good though considering you still have a while till your date. I was only a 2 after my water broke and 6 hrs. of labor!! lol