CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

2005: A Look back through my eyes

Amie tagged me for this reflection of the year 2005.

What did you do in 2005 that you've never done before? Take four kids to the grocery store ;)

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year? I did not have a New Years resolutions in 2005. I do however have one this year and intend to keep it.

Did anyone close to you give birth? Absolutely; Amie, Andrea, Kori, Chandra, just to name a few...

Did anyone close to you die? Kinda (he was a family friend)

What countries did you visit? None

What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
All our debts paid

What date from 2005 will remain etched in your memory and why?
Giving birth. Because I always remember those special memories.

What was your biggest achievement of the year? Making friends with a total stranger (usually I am too shy to do this)

What was your biggest failure? Allowing my daughter to get head lice. (Even though it probably really isn't my fault, I still feel like I failed)

Did you suffer illness or injury? Let's see...Bronchitis, Strep throat, bladder infection, and Mastitis

What was the best thing you bought? My patio furniture

Where did most of your money go? Electric and gas bills

What did you get really, really, really excited about? I agree with Amie here. When my sister got pregnant again after a stressful time.

What scripture is a theme of 2005? Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not more important than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:25-27

Compared to this time last year are you:
a. Happier or sadder? Happier
b. Thinner or fatter? Fatter
c. Richer or poorer? About the same

What do you wish you'd done more of? Reading the Bible with the kids

What do you wish you'd done less of? Complaining

How did you spend Christmas? With family

Did you fall in love in 2005? Yes, Grace was born in '05, but I fall more in love with all my family year after year

What was your favorite TV show? Lost

What was the best book you read? Francine Rivers; Mark of the Lion Series

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2005? Huh?

What did you want and get? New comforter for my bedroom

What did you want and not get? A million dollars

What was your favorite film this year? Can't recall

What did you do on your birthday? Went out to dinner and bought maternity clothes

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Taking the kids to Disney World

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Simple. Jeans and tee shirts

What kept you sane? My wonderful husband

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? No comment

What political issue stirred you the most? When people blamed President Bush for the Hurricane !?! (retarded)

Who did you miss? My daddy who passed away 6 years ago

Who was the best new person you met? N/A

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005. I learned to treat head lice with Licex (available online), and a vinegar wrap (to loosen the nits). And to check my kids hair everyday.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. You gotta have faith... (even though I don't like this song, it sums up my year.

1 comments:

Amie said...

Thanks for sharing!