CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It's going to be a long winter

It seems like I have been sick a lot lately. Let's see... first I got Bronchitis right before Grace was born, then I got Strep throat and a bladder infection right after she was born which was during Thanksgiving. Then during Christmas I had Mastitis really bad and had to switch antibiotics because the Walk-in-Clinic doctor knowingly wrote me a prescription for a drug that is not safe while nursing so my children's pediatrician had to write me a new script which thankfully worked wonders and was safe for Grace. So now it's the New Year and I have some kind of upper respiratory infection and have almost completely lost my voice. I have had to deal with the reinfestation of lice in Sarah's hair a few weeks ago due to classmates or cousins passing it back and forth, but I think I have finally cured us all from the lice hopefully to never see them again. I ordered a product online that has seemed to really help. And now here I am this morning trying to talk through a squeaky voice and to top it all off Jack has been up since two 0'clock this morning throwing up every 15-25 minutes. I have to give him small amounts of water every 15 minutes to keep him from getting dehydrated. And as you can probably imagine with four kids I have loads of laundry to get to today especially with this mornings vomit sheets piling up. So I must carry on with my motherly duties while following Jack around with a puke bucket. Hopefully he will be feeling better tomorrow because it is his 3rd birthday. Oh yeah and I also had a mole removed from my back a few days ago. This was actually something I was very happy about, although seeing my mole lying on the table next to me after they cut it out turned my stomach, but at least there were no visual abnormalities and so the tests should come back normal. Anyhoo, better get back to my family.... :D

4 comments:

eph2810 said...

Oh dear - hope you are feeling better soon...
((((hugs))))

Amie said...

Hope Jack is feeling better today! Happy Bday Jack! :D

Choppzs said...

Oh Gosh, how sucky is that?? It seems like that's how it has been around here too. Once you get rid of one thing, the next thing comes to get ya!! It seems this year, like the flu is a permanent fixture in our house. We had the flu first, then the pink eye, then the common cold junk, now we are back to the flu again. Luckily now, it has seemed to pass and I am waiting for the next thing. Although, I am due here in a bit, so with my luck, something will pop up either right before, or slightly after!! lol

I hope Jack feels better soon, your voice returns,your sheets get done, and the lice stay permanately dead!!! Luckily I think it has come and gone here, so hopefully we escaped that one!!!

Melissa said...

Thanks for all the well wishes. It seems this bug is making it way through the house. Adam has been sick today throwing up every 15-20 just like Jack was yesterday. This virus seems to work fast and only lasts 12 hours because Jack is feeling great now. Hopefully Adam feels great tomorrow and it skips the rest of us. I am not going to hold my breath though.