CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 24, 2007

Health/Pregnancy updates

Bullet style...

  • I failed my 1 hour glucose test, so now I must do the 3 day carb diet (which will be fun) but then I have to fast for 8 hours, go in and drink the nasty orange soda (which will be thicker this time) and get poked a totally of four times in between sitting in the hospital waiting room for 3 hours. I failed my glucose with Grace but then passed the 3 hour so hopefully I will do the same this time. My number this time was 160, which is pretty high for me. With Grace it was 140 which is the borderline determination for the pass/fail score. I never failed the 1 hour with Sarah, Adam or Jack.
  • My iron count is still low. One month ago it was 9.6 when it is supposed to be 12 something, and this last week it was checked on Monday and was at 11.4, better but not good enough and then on Wednesday it went down to 11.2, and I have been taking iron supplements twice daily in addition to my prenatal vitamins and eating foods rich in iron combined with vitamin C and staying away from milk. I wonder what it would be like if I wasn't taking these steps in increase the level? It does explain my lack of energy and extreme lazy I mean tiredness.
  • I have gained 26 pounds so far, which may not seem like a lot but for me it is. I gained a totally of 26 pounds with Jack (he was my heavest weight gain) and he was 9 lbs 13 oz. So you see my concern here with 12 weeks remaining in this pregnancy. I am scared I will have a bigger baby.
  • I have a huge cherry mole on my thigh and if you don't know what that is it is bascially a superficial blood vessel. I have had it for a long time and it usually gets bigger when I am pregnant, but too days ago it turned black. Cherry moles are supposed to be red, hence the name "cherry" mole. I have an appointment to see my doctor on Wednesday to have it looked at and possibly removed. The mid-wife said not to worry about cancer since it is only a superficial blood vessel, but it still freaks me out because I know blood is red not black.
  • I have another ultrasound scheduled for Monday morning, hopefully I can get a 3D picture this time since I have never had one before and I love the 3D pics. The mid-wife is certain my subchorionic hemmorhage is gone by now, but I am not certain until I see it gone via ultrasound. I am not sure what to think if it is still there. The last three ultrasounds showed no change.
  • I now see the mid-wife every two weeks, then soon it will be weekly and then I'll have a new baby. At first it seemed like this pregnancy was going by slow and now it is going by fast.
  • Hopefully next week I will have better news to fill these bullets with. 1.) A passed 3 hour glucose test, 2.) A removed non-cancerous/dangerous BLACK cherry mole, and 3.) A healed subchorionic hemorrhage and healthy but small baby boy.

Stay tuned to find out all the test results and hopefully see 3D pics of our little guy...

6 comments:

Kaylerbee said...

I will be praying for you sis! Don't worry!( I have to say that even though I know youdon't have a problem with that)You also look great on you blog you don't look like you have gained any weight. I gained 38 with Lauren! And you have never had a problem loosing the weight,I know you will look great within a few months after the birth and without even having to work at it!

Amie said...

I wouldn't worry about the mole, a cancerous change wouldn't happen that fast.

I'll respond to the rest in the email I am about to send...;)

Dana said...

I am looking forward to hearing the good news about your mole/glucose test and possibly seeing a 3d picture! Those really are cool. I had one done with Brennen and it was awesome! AND 26 lbs is nothing to worry about. Maybe your weight gain will be slower in the coming weeks....I wouldn't worry too much about it. It is what it is.....

Anna said...

That's a bummer you have to endure the 3 hr. but it's for the better to know for sure. As for the mole maybe the blood vessels surrounding it died and therefore the mole now is dark from old blood. I wouldn't worry about it though, it's superficial and easy to remove. Can't wait to hopefully see 3d's of your little guy:)

Kaylerbee said...

I agree with anna about the mole. that is exactly what I thought lastnight. It has been pretty busy with your pregnancies expanding and shrinking, I think it finally died of old age,and the blood just
turned dark!

Me said...

Hope everything goes well! I always hate that glucose test. Yucky!