CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Computer troubles...(Jack ment.)

Our laptop died the other day. How did that happen? Yep, Jack did it. I was doing our weekly bank statements online and set the computer on the table so I could put the bills in the mailbox. Well, I got distracted outside and decided to shovel the sidewalk so the mailman would deliver the mail. That, of course, left plenty of time for Jack to work his magic. And magic it was because I can not for the life of me figure out how he did it. What exactly did he do you ask?
Well, he somehow got into the hard drive and commanded the computer to dump the flashcard memory. Yes, you heard right. He erased the computers memory! While the memory was being "dumped" I tried to turn it off so it would stop erasing, but it would not shut down, so I took the battery out. That worked, but then the computer would not turn back on. It was offically dead. Thankfully, it was still under warranty. The local repairer tried to fix it but they could not figure it out so the company is sending us a new one in about six weeks. I am so amazed that a two year old could accidently erase the entire contents of a computers memory. I had just downloaded some pictures off my camera too. I erased the memory stick, and didn't get a chance to save the pictures to a disk so they are gone. I was really sad about that.

I learned a valuable lesson....Do Not Leave Jack Alone With ANY Electronics...:D

2 comments:

Amie said...

Oh my goodness! Leave it to Jack to do something even the repair guy can't figure out! LOL

Me said...

Yikes!! I'll have to keep that in mind for when Gracie gets old enough. Look at the bright side, it looks like you have a computer genius in the making :)