CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 14, 2005

No Imagination

Yesterday I was at my monthly pre-natal office visit and the mid-wife was letting my kids hear the new baby's heartbeat. They all just stood there and stared at the doppler machine in amazement, so the mid-wife says "What do you guys think?" They just stared in silence. So she asks, "Does it sound like a horse gallopping?" Their heads shake "No", "Does it sound like a washing machine?" Again their heads shake "No", "Does it sound like a helicopter?" Still they shake their heads "No", Finally she asks with a friendly smile, "Well, what does it sound like?" and Adam pipes up "A heartbeat" saying it was such knowledge. I burst into laughter and said, "Sorry, my kids don't have an imagination" and we both had a good chuckle about it. :D

By the way, the rest of my appointment went great and everything is growing properly. I was 24wks 4days the day of the appointment and I measured at 25 so I am right on target for my due date still. The mid-wife was alittle upset that I only gained 2 lbs. since my last appointment cause she wanted me to gain 10?!? Whatever, I think I am doing fine. This weight gain has brought me up to 12 1/2 lbs. which I think is excellent, but since I lost 5 1/2 lbs in the beginning (throwing up) she thinks of it only as a 7 lb weight gain, which again I think is just fine. I say the more weight you gain, the more you have to loose after you give birth. Besides, I am doing nothing to keep any weight off, I eat when I should (which is whenever I am hungery, which is all the time) and the only exercise that I have been getting is mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, cleaning house, and chasing my kids around. So I think I am doing just fine. She (my mid-wife) did say I look like a million bucks, just not a plumb million bucks I guess :D

3 comments:

Amie said...

Thats pretty funny! I have to admire you for taking all your kids to your appointment. Jeremiah and the boys came one time this pregnancy, and the boys were just bouncing off the walls!

Me said...

Kids are so funny. Glad all's going good with the pregnancy. And I'm sure you do look like a million bucks :)

SonSon said...

10 pounds in between visits doesn't sound like a very healthy thing. I think it's more unhealthy to gain too much than too little, not because of obesity type issues, but more like hypertension etc. Anyway, good luck and congrats on another landmark.