I past my 3 hour Gestational Diabetes test. Yipee for me! It was the most horrible experience (well, maybe not most horrible, but pretty darn bad). I didn't realize that I had to get my blood drawn right when I got there, then drink the really strong "orange pop" then get my blood drawn every hour after that for three hours. So I got poked four times and since they couldn't find a good vein in my left arm they drew everything from my right which left me with four holes. I did get some good reading done and it really helped pass the time. It left me kinda drained, but at least I past. There's one less thing to worry about this pregnancy. Oh! and my mid-wife said my sugar levels were so low, she was shocked. It makes me wonder why I didn't pass the 1 hour. Oh well, it's all over now. *sigh* :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yippee!! I know you already celebrated with brownies :D
It's so great when you get done with that test!! I remember with Olivia it was a "cola syrup" and with Zachary I also had the "orange syrup". Yuck!! But lucky for me I never did the 3 hr. test, just the 1 hr. test. I am glad to hear all is well, and the baby is growing good and healthy! Where has the time gone?? I am already past the 4 month point!!
Yay! I hated that test!
Hey it's me again :)
Wanted to let you know I changed my blog addy. It's wethyb.blogspot
Hope you're having a great week!
Ugh! I dread taking that test
Post a Comment