CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 19, 2005

Chipped tooth

Man oh man, if it's not one thing it's another around here. It seems like this is the year of injuries surrounding the Clark Clan. This time the injured would be Sarah. Yesterday was Football Sunday and Dan has the NFL Sunday ticket so sometimes we have company over after church to watch the games. This means friends for the kids to play with. I was down stairs visiting with the adults and the kids are upstairs in the playroom or so I thought. Instead they were in the room next to the office that our treadmill is in. Luckily they didn't turn the thing on or things might have been worse. I heard her cries and felt compelled to run instead of walk which is what I usually do since their injuries are usually not as bad as they think. I knew by her cries that this time was different. Apparently, her cousin,a friend and her were on the treadmill and her cousin started walking. Even though the machine is electric and wasn't plugged in you can still turn the belt with your feet which is what happened only Sarah was unaware at the time and her legs were forced out from under her. She fell face first into something I am not sure what and skinned her chin, bit through both sides of her tongue and you guessed it... chipped her tooth. Thankfully the chipped tooth turned out to be a baby tooth that she will soon loose anyway. Her tongue is a little swollen so she was talking funny this morning while getting ready for school, but she'll live. She had me put a band-aid on her chin to hide the scrape. The frustrating part now is this all happened just in time for school pictures. Isn't that the way it always goes though, the kids get scraped up just when you are wanted to get pictures done. Hopefully by Thursday "Picture Day" things will look a little better, she just has to remember not to smile too big, lest we get a good shot of her chipped tooth. :D It really isn't that bad though, poor thing, she will be rid of it soon enough.

3 comments:

Amie said...

Good thing it was a baby tooth! I know this stuff always happens before pictures.

Choppzs said...

Isn't that always the case?? Something always happens right before the picture day. Olivia always managed to get a scrape, bruise or some sort of ugly looking mark on her face before pictures, or something magically happened to her hair the night before (aka scissors)!! lol So far, Zachary hasn't, but lately he's gotten bruise after bruise on his face from falling into things (since he is now walking/running)so I am assuming pic time will be fun with him too! I hope her boo-boos feel better soon!

Me said...

Oh poor thing! Glad it was the baby tooth and not the permanant one!!!

Hope it's looking better for tomorrow's pics!