CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Five weeks and counting!

Today I am 35 weeks pregnant, which leaves only 5 remaining weeks until our little peanut is born. Well, hopefully only 5 weeks. At my last mid-wife appointment she guessed her weight to be about 5 lbs so if I go over I will probably have a big baby again. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT! Right now going the way things are I should have a nice 8 lb baby, according to the mid-wife. An 8 lb baby is fine by me, I know it sounds kinda big still, but not compared to 10 lbs. Although 7 lbs would be even better, but that probably won't happen, so we will just have to wait and see. So far I have gained 15 lbs., which is already close to the weight I gained with Sarah and she turned out to be 7 lb 14 oz. I gained a total of 18 lbs with Sarah, so with 5 weeks remaining I am likely to go over that weight gain, putting me in the range an 8 lb baby, hopefully! With Adam I gained 20 lbs (he was born 8 lb 2 oz) and with Jack it was 26 lbs (he was born 9 lb 13 oz) so I am getting close to those weight gains as well. If I pork out these last 5 weeks I can probably expect another 10 lb baby, but hopefully not anymore then 10 lbs. It would be so nice to have a small baby this time but what can you do as long as she is healthy. Now I am just waiting for the nesting to kick in so I can get all my stuff reading before she arrives, I have loads of stuff to do and with the recent shower I had I have more awesome stuff to get organized. Yipee, the fun begins...

4 comments:

Amie said...

I gained the least with Elijah, and he was my biggest so your weight and the baby's weight don't necessarily correlate. Anyhow, can't wait to see this baby girl!

Melissa said...

Crap Amie, Don't tell me that. Now I am scared, LOL! Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it! I kinda already knew that about weight gain and baby size, I was just trying to comfort myself. It didn't work!! Teehee! :D

Amie said...

I was trying to comfort you LOL I was trying to say that even if you gain more weight, it doesn't mean the baby will be big!

Melissa said...

LOL Amie- I totally know what you are talking about! I am not discouraged since there is nothing I can really do about it anyway. You are totally right though about the weight not correlating! Hoping for the best :D