CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 21, 2007

Payback

Last night while Sarah was wrapping the gift for her class gift exchange for school the next day, I told her about the time I was in 3rd grade and had a gift exchange too. I told her and Dan how in my class we could either choose an unwrapped gift or choose a gift that someone already opened. Meaning we could just take a gift away from someone. I know it sounds mean. So anyway, this one girl in my class opened a package of different colored mechanical pencils, which was something I had been wanting, so....instead of taking a new gift I took hers away from her. I felt terrible, but I did it anyway. Later that night I felt so bad about doing that and I think I even cried about it, so my mom and dad bought some new mechanical pencils and I gave them to her the next day. Both Dan and Sarah told me how mean that was of me and so unlike my character to do that, but that it was nice of me to buy her some new pencils. Anyway, when Sarah got home from school today she told me how her gift exchange went and can you guess what happened by my post title? So she tells how she opened a gift of....that's right...colored mechanical pencils, and a girl (this girl actually brought the pencils in) took them from her. Right out of her hands. Sarah wasn't bothered by it because the girl offered her a trade. She took what that girl had, which was little toy puppies (similar to littlest petshop) and a bracelet. So how's that for payback? What would make this story even more bizarre would be if this little girl was the daughter of the girl I took the pencils from way back when, and it actually was a payback.

2 comments:

Jill Corwin said...

:) Interesting ......hmmmmmm....and it is even the same gift. I am glad Sarah was happy with her final gift. We did that when we were in school too, and I always felt like it was weird. Why not just pick wrapped gifts, and everyone open the one they pick. So silly!

Amie said...

LOL, I was thinking how unlike you that was as I read it too.

I've played that game as an adult at parties, but it doesn't seem very good for kids.