Sarah took this with my camera on the advanced settings. If she keeps up like this she will be a pro in no time. I'd better keep practicing and reading more or she'll soon be better then me. She just might already be.
In other news...Can you believe that Ben will be 9 months old on Saturday? I can't. Where does the time go, and speaking of time going, where on earth did the summer go? Three of my five start school in two weeks, TWO WEEKS!! I feel like summer just started. This year Sarah will be in 4th grade, Adam in 2nd and Jack will be starting Kindergarten. I've been thinking about allowing Sarah to get her hair cut. A special back to school treat. She's ready for a new style and I'm ready for her to brush her own hair without getting frustrated. She has been doing some mad chores around the house to earn more allowance to help pay for her hair cut. She is really maturing and becoming more responsible. The boys will be getting their signature buzz cuts just in time for school. They love them buzz cuts! LOL
It will be quiet around the house until 3pm starting in two weeks with only Grace, Ben and I at home. What will I do? I know, I can finish reading the "Twilight" Series!! :D
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Advanced settings
Posted by Melissa at 8:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
great picture she got! how do you get the background to be blurry and the foreground to be in focus? i'm trying to learn how to use my apiture (i can't even spell it) and i can't figure out how to set it to do that. i don't remember if the lower number means more blur or if the higher number means more blur.
Thanks! It can be confusing and I find myself stopping to think first because of it but the smaller the aperture the more blur(bokeh) you will have. So just set your aperture to the smallest number (f-stop)adjust your exposure (or if you're like me then set your camera to AV [aperture priorty mode]) compose your shot and shoot away! It is so much fun. I have a 50mm prime lens so I can set my aperture way down to f1.8 giving some awesome bokeh as a result. Hope this helps! You have such a creative eye, I love your photography skills!!
thank you melissa! I'm still learning all this fancy stuff now that I have a camera that I can do some settings on. I'm hoping to get the skills down so that I can actually look like I know what I'm doing :-)
A really great book that was recommended by a professional photographer friend is "Understanding Exposure" by Peterson. This book is really awesome and has helped me a ton.
thanks for the book idea! I'll have to check it out! maybe my library has it. books can be really expensive!
Mine start school in 2 weeks, too. I will have 2 hours every morning with only Morgan home. It will be weird.
The picture looks great! Sarah will be a pro soon, then you wont be able to take pics cause she'll have your camera all the time! lol
Post a Comment