CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A child's prayer

I overheard this prayer from our daughter Sarah before bed:

Dear God,
Thank you for the ups and downs, the lefts and rights, and the straights and backwards...Amen

Now if only we as adults could be so thankful. I often times only thank God for the good in life, forgetting about the hard times that I should be grateful for as well, since it is through these hard times that we grow stronger. So with that, I second my daughters prayer. Thank you God for the ups and downs the lefts and rights and the straights and backwards! AMEN!

5 comments:

Choppzs said...

That is sooo sweet, it's great how they can see the things that we can't, and are thankful for the things that we just throw aside! Kids are so great!

Amie said...

Did she make that up? Or did she learn that somewhere?

Me said...

That is so awesome! I love it! Ditto to Heather...kids are great!

Melissa said...

Amie- she made that one up. She doesn't even know the extent of her words, and how she opened my eyes again. Kids are awesome gifts from God. :D

Girl With An Alibi said...

I'm going to follow your daughter's example. Thanks for that much needed reminder.