CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Disappointed

Well, I was supposed to have an appointment today to check and see if I really had dilated this time, maybe to a 1-3/4 or maybe more...(wishful thinking), but my appointment was cancelled. My mid-wife is delivering a baby today and since she likes to be with her patients the entire time, not knowing how long that would be, she had to cancel her appointments for the day. Now this I totally understand because if I have my baby during the week then a few other women will have their appointments cancelled as well. What makes me so disappointed is that I am not going to have an appointment at all this week and I am due on Saturday. I was really hoping to find out some good news today, but now I must wait until past my due date for my next appointment. By then I will be four days overdue. I know, I know, I could end up having this baby before then, which I really hope happens, but I really wanted one more appointment if just to hear the heart beat. Oh well, what can you do. She could see me on Friday evening since that is when all her patients from today have been rescheduled, but it was late in the evening and she isn't feeling really well (according to the secretary) and has been in the hospital every day since Saturday delivering babies. I for one think she needs a little break so I opted not to take the latest appointment on Friday and wait until next Wednesday. Afterall, I do want her on top of her game when I go in to have my baby :D I just can't help but feel like I am going to end up seeing her next Wednesday and that makes me disappointed, but maybe by then we can schedule an induction and I will have an end in sight. Well, that is it for now. That is my little depressing vent...but I am still not holding by breath until I past Saturday (my due date).

2 comments:

Amie said...

Its so weird that happened today after we just talked about it yesterday. So sorry it had to happen at the end though.

Me said...

Gah, I remember feeling just so blah towards the end. Hope baby comes soon!