Nothing too big to post but here goes, I am now...ta da....2 cm dilated (up 1/2 cm from two weeks ago) BIG DEAL! 90% effaced and +1 station, which again was the same as two weeks ago. The midwife stripped my membranes and pulled my cervix forward (this was very painful) in hopes to get things started. Usually if it is going to work however it will work within 24 hours. I had the same thing done when I was pregnant with Sarah and it didn't work, so I am not holding my breath this time. The only difference is that I am overdue this time and wasn't with Sarah so maybe it will work. I will just have to wait and see. I am cramping and have a little "show" since the exam which is what she wanted to happen but we will see if things progress or not. I am going in tomorrow evening for a Non-stress test and we will decide then about an induction unless I have changed some then she will break my water right there and admit me to L&D. She did also say that if I am contracting tonight even at 10 minutes apart to come in and she will check me again and if I have made any progress then she will break my water tonight. So pray that my little peanut is ready to come out. Also, I gained 2 pounds, so that puts my weight gain up to 17 pounds, which is hopefully not due to the increase in the baby's weight, I am really starting to get nervous about having a baby bigger than Jack. Hopefully my next post will be a birth announcement. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Here's a little story to lift your spirits, cuz believe me I remember this feels! :D
Yesterday, Elijah told me that boys don't like girls. I said "well, I'm a girl don't you like me?" He said "yes I like you, I don't like little girls...and I like Melissa." LOL
That did make my day. It made me smile and melted my heart. What a cute thing to say, I could just give him a squeeze right now. Thanks for sharing :D
Good Grief Girl!!! I thought maybe Amie's post about Pumpkin bread was about you. When she said she is delivering some to a friend that had a baby!! So I popped over and here you still are. Hang in there, stripping my membranes didn't work either, I made my husband pinch my nipples for an hour and boom my water broke!! lol I swear I will do that this time too if I am overdue!!
LOL, did you really have to make your husband pinch your nipples? LOL I am sure the pleasure was all his! Teehee!
Hey there, I ventured over from Amie's site...I came a few days ago and saw you were like one day overdue and I wanted to see if you had that little peanut yet. Man, I hope it is soon for your sake! I know how hard it gets! Heather, if you're reading this, that cracked me up about the nipples;) Thanks for the laugh.
Post a Comment